In 2018, Kyrgyzstan was tagged as “an adventure travel destination secret that is bound to get out soon.” So it’s not surprising that foreigners are focused on finding out what secrets of nature are hidden in this country. The country is also working hard to encourage and promote eco-friendly tourism so that visitors can enjoy the beauty of the local environments.
According to National Geographic science magazine, there are eight major places tourists and foreigners should visit in Kyrgyzstan. These locations are:
- Ala Archa National Park – located some 40km away from Bishkek.
- Lenin Peak – one of the most famous peaks in Kyrgyzstan.
- Köl-Suu – a lake located near the border with China.
- Ala-Kul – located in the snowy mountain area of Teskey Ala-Too.
- Tash Rabat – a former parking lot for caravans and merchants, but now has a caravanserai built in a valley between the mountains.
- Arslanbob – One of the biggest walnuts fields in the world.
- Bokonbaevo – a small village that attracts visitors because of its preserved culture.
- Canyon Fairy Tale – a canyon created after years of water and wind erosion. It is located on the southern shore of Lake Issyk-Kul.