Watch airplanes soar through the sky, warm up by a beachside bonfire and listen to local live music this weekend.
Here’s your Five on Friday weekend update for the Treasure Coast.
Farm to Grass:Music festival promotes agritourism
Stuart Air Show:Aerial acrobatic performances announced this year
Food truck:Smoked on the Water puts spin on barbecue
Indian River County
Beachside Bonfire Fest
- 5-9 p.m. Saturday
- Waldo’s, Costa d’ Este, Mulligan’s Beach House, The Boiler, along Ocean Drive, Vero Beach
- Enjoy a country barbecue at Waldo’s, Latin night at Costa d ’Este Resort, a Hawaiian luau with a fire dancer at Mulligan’s and a masquerade party at The Boiler, as well as drink specials, music, food for sale, raffles and a real or fake bonfire. Paris Air of Vero Beach will arrive at 5 p.m. to deliver the ceremonial torch lights for the bonfires.
- Free admission
Art & Craft Expo: Holiday Edition
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday
- Indian River County Fairgrounds, 7955 58th Ave., Vero Beach
- Get in the spirit with 300 booths of holiday arts and crafts. Enjoy live music, food, adult beverages, a children’s zone and Santa. Rain or shine.
- Free admission and parking
St. Lucie County
Hot Rodding for Heroes Car Show
- Noon to 4 p.m. Saturday
- Summer Crush Vineyard & Winery, 4200 Johnston Road, Fort Pierce
- Check out the cars while you enjoy rockabilly tunes from Professor Pennygoode’s Mighty Flea Circus. Food for sale is from Custom Creations and Smoked on the Water BBQ. Car show participants should arrive 10:30-11:30 a.m. Call the No Name Car Club at 772-528-4247 to register.
- Lawn and pavilion passes are $4 in advance and $5 at the event. Each adult entering gets a free raffle ticket for prizes. Car show entry fee of $20 includes gate fees for the driver and a passenger and raffle tickets.
Harvest Music Fest: Farm to Grass Music Series
- Noon Thursday though Sunday evening
- St. Lucie Farm Preserve, 4575 Minute Maid Road, Fort Pierce
- The event features headliners Grass is Dead, Firewater Tent Revival, Crazy Fingers, The Resolvers, Uproot Hootenanny and several other bands and musicians. In addition to live music, it also has food trucks, beer, cider, vendors, arts and crafts, tractor-pulled hayride tours and cosmic hayride tours with a lights and laser show. Rain or shine.
- General admission four-day ticket is $159, plus taxes and fees. Ages 6-17 four-day ticket is $89, plus taxes and fees. Kids younger than 6 are free. Individual day passes vary.
Stuart Air Show
- 5-9 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
- Witham Field, 1895 Flying Fortress Lane, Stuart
- Featured performances include two U.S. Air Force Jet Demo Teams, Rob Holland Airshows, the Red Bull Helicopter, Aeroshell Aerobatic Team and Shockwave Jet Truck. Over a dozen aircraft will be statically displayed for flying enthusiasts.
- Daily general admission is $30. Active military members and veterans are $5. Ages 6-12 are $5. Kids younger than 5 are free.
Elysia Brennan is a freelancer for TCPalm who looks out for the best things to do across the Treasure Coast. Do you have an upcoming event you want to be potentially included in this weekly roundup? Email it to her at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also upload your event to TCPalm’s event page at events.tcpalm.com.